Welcome to the Town of Palmyra, Wisconsin Website
Palmyra is located in the Southeast corner of Jefferson County, in the state of Wisconsin. Palmyra was established on February 2, 1846.
The description from John W. Hunt, 1853 in the Wisconsin Gazetteer: "The Town of Palmyra is situated on the Scupernong Creek, on the M&M Railroad., 40 miles from Milwaukee. It has fine water power and is surrounded by a good farming district, comprising prairies, openings, and woodlands.
Palmyra is named after a city in Syria because of the great amount of sand found locally in this area of Wisconsin.
The Town of Palmyra:
- Population 1220 as os 2010
- 34.79 Square Miles
- 38 Miles of roads
- Contains three lakes:
- Upper Spring Lake
- Lower Spring Lake
- Blue Spring Lake
- The Town's airport has been called one of the best grass runways in the Midwest
- The annual Father's day Fly-In, serves an average of 2000 people
- There are at least 65 aircraft based at the airport field.