Welcome to Town of Palmyra!
Palmyra is located in the Southeast corner of Jefferson County, in the state of Wisconsin. Palmyra was established on February 2, 1846.
The description from John W. Hunt, 1853 in the Wisconsin Gazetteer: "The Town of Palmyra is situated on the Scupernong Creek, on the M&M Railroad., 40 miles from Milwaukee. It has fine water power and is surrounded by a good farming district, comprising prairies, openings, and woodlands.
Palmyra is named after a city in Syria because of the great amount of sand found locally in this area of Wisconsin.